This recipe comes to us from the kitchen of our customer, Mrs. Kavitha Ravichandran.
We all shy away from the Big Bad Bitter Gourd from time to time but here we give you the most mouth watering preparation with bitter gourd you might have come across, ever. It is very easy to prepare and even great to be stored and had over 3-4 days!
Bitter gourd tamarind kuzhambu
Makes 1 Cup
Ingredients for tempering:
Sesame Oil – 3 tablespoons
Mustard Seeds – ½ teaspoon
Fenugreek Seeds – ½ teaspoon
Bitter Gourd – 1 or 2 chopped into circles
Tomato – 1
Tamarind Juice – From a lemon sized Tamarind ball
Ingredients for grinding:
Small Onions – 1 cup
Garlic – 5
Ginger – 1 inch
Coconut pieces – 1/2 cup
Jeera – 1 tablespoon
Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
Chilly powder – 2 to 3 teaspoons
Turmeric powder – Pinch
1. Fry all grinding ingredients in your Ultra Pressure Pan.
2. Then dry grind them in an Ultra Vario+ Mixer Grinder at Speed 3.
3. Add a little water and grind again at Speed 2 till it becomes a smooth paste.
4. Add oil to the cooker and temper the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
5. Add the chopped bitter gourd and tomatoes and sauté for a few minutes
6. After a few minutes add the tamarind juice and the paste from the mixer grinder.
7. Add some salt to taste and mix well. Close the lid and let it cook for two whistles.
Delicious, spicy bitter gourd kuzhambu is ready to be served with hot rice.