Let’s make bread!
Making bread can be an altogether satisfying experience. Once you taste the soft, fresh homemade bread, slightly buttered or spread with some homemade ghee and there is nothing so mouth-wateringly simple yet heartening. However, the dough making can be tedious, sticky and cumbersome; especially if you have to do it by hand, as a routine.
With the Ultra Grind, Atta Kneader attachment, most of the hard work is done with the press of a button. For a change, you can sit back and enjoy the phulkas and breads you didn’t sweat over.
Enjoy super soft phulkas, Indian breads and other healthy bread recipes with less effort.
Makes 5 Nos
200 gms of wheat flour
2 Tbsp of oil
240 ml hot water
1. Attach the Atta Kneader of the Ultra Grinder and turn on the grinder.
2. Add all the flour into the grinder followed by salt and the oil.
3. Slowly pour in the hot water and the dough starts to form. It may take up to 10-15 minutes for it to come off the base and sides and form into a ball of dough.
4. Use your plastic scraper to ease the dough if it sticks or the grinder struggles to rotate.
5. Once the dough is formed into a ball, let it knead for another 2-3 mins.
6. Transfer it to a bowl and cover it with a damp kitchen towel and leave it to rest till you have to make the phulkas.
WHEAT BREAD DOUGH
Makes 1 Loaf
2 ¼ cup of organic white flour
¾ cup of organic wheat flour
275 ml tepid water
½ Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp butter (melted) / sunflower oil
1 Tbsp organic cane sugar
1 Tsp of salt
1. Add the yeast and sugar to the tepid (mildly warm) water and let it sit for 10 mins. This will activate the yeast and you will see the mixture forming bubbles on the surface.
2. Attach the Atta Kneader of the Ultra Grinder and turn on the grinder.
3. Add all the flour into the grinder followed by salt and the oil.
4. Slowly pour in the water, sugar and yeast mixture and the dough starts to form. It may take up to 10-15 minutes for it to come off the base and sides and form into a ball of dough.
5. Use your plastic scraper to ease the dough if it sticks and the grinder struggles to rotate.
6. Once the dough is formed into a ball, let it knead for another 2-3 mins.
7. Transfer it to a bowl and cover it with a damp kitchen towel and leave it to rest. Follow the rest of the steps to prove the bread. Let it rest well between each step before you bake your loaf.
Elgi Ultra Grinder
Ultra is the pioneer in compact table top wet grinders and innovator of the patented conical stones. The patented conical stone design makes the batter smooth.
PATENTED CONICAL STONES
For effective grinding without high batter temperature rise
AISI 304 STAINLESS STEEL
Rust-resistant food-grade stainless steel drum for healthy food
Lighter weight, longer life and great looks
Powerful 150W motor for better grinding
2.5L WET GRINDER
Ideal for a family of 4
Beep alert & auto switch-off at preset grinding time
MULTI UTILITY DRUM
Batter can be stored in the same drum after grinding
For easy cleaning of conical stones