Mrs. Ashlibabu prepared this delicious dish in her Ultra Pressure Cooker and generously shared the recipe with us.
Black Pepper Chicken
Makes 1 Plate
Chicken – 500 grams
Small Onions – 15 – 20 nos
Big onion – 1 no
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
Pepper powder – 2 teaspoons
Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
Aniseed powder – 1 teaspoon
Chopped ginger – 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves – 10 nos
Tomato – 1 no
Oil – 2 teaspoons
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Clean the chicken and marinate it with turmeric powder, coriander powder, pepper, aniseed powder, garam masala and salt. Keep it aside for 1 hour.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of oil in the Ultra Pressure pan, chop the small onions and sauté them it till they turn brown. Allow it to cool.
3. Blend the Onions in to a paste in your Ultra Vario+ mixer grinder small jar for a minute.
4. In the same pressure pan add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped big onion, chopped ginger, chopped tomato and sauté well.
5. Add the marinated chicken pieces to the pressure pan with 2 cups of water and cook with lid closed with whistle for 10 minutes.
6. When chicken is half done add the onion paste to the gravy and let it cook till fully done with lid closed for 15 more minutes.
7. Yummy and easy to prepare pepper chicken is ready to tingle your taste buds.