This healthy recipe was shared with us by our customer Kavitha Ravichandran who prepares this dish in her Ultra Pressure Cooker.
Unexpected guests can leave us in quite a fix, but not anymore. This sweet dish is simple yet quite delicious. And it can be whipped up in no time at all. It’s that simple.
Broken wheat Payasam
Makes 2 cups
Broken wheat – 1/2 Cup
Jaggery – 250 Grams
Coconut milk – 1 Cup
Cardamom powder – 1/4 Teaspoon
Dry ginger powder – 1/4 Teaspoon
Ghee – 2 Teaspoons
Condensed milk – 1 Tablespoon
1. Heat 1 cup of water in a small vessel, add the jaggery, let it boil for few minutes and set aside.
2. Add 4 cups of water in your Ultra Pressure Cooker and cook the broken wheat for up to 3 whistles.
3. Open the cooker when the pressure releases and add the jaggery syrup in it, mix well and cook at medium heat.
4. Add 2 tsp ghee, stir continuously to prevent it from sticking.
5. Now add the coconut milk and condensed milk and cook for a minute at low heat, add cardamom powder and dry ginger powder, mix well and switch off.
6. Finally garnish with roasted dry nuts.
It’s so rich and flavourful that your guests won’t believe you prepared it just then. If time permits, you can also roast coconut pieces to the dish for added crunch or add raisins fried in ghee for some flavour. Either way, your home will smell heavenly.