No ice cream maker? No problem. All you need are four ingredients and a little time to make delicious homemade ice cream.
Homemade Vanilla Ice-cream
Makes 2 Cups
2 Cups heavy whipping cream
2 Cups half-and-half cream
1 Cup sugar
2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Freeze an empty freezer-safe shallow bowl or pan. Pyrex or stainless steel works well.
2. In a Ultra Mixer Grinder, stir all the ingredients until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Transfer your mixture into the cold pan and stick it back in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
4. Once the edges start to freeze, take out the mixture and beat it using a hand mixer. By breaking up the ice cream, you’ll help make it smooth and creamy.
5. Return the pan to the freezer. Every 30 minutes or so, take it back out and beat the ice cream again.
6. Repeat until it is firmly frozen, usually around four or five mixing sessions.
7. Once it’s frozen, the mixture should be smooth and creamy. If at any time the ice cream becomes too hard, place it in the refrigerator until it becomes soft enough to beat, and then continue the process.
8. Store the ice cream in a covered freezer container until ready to serve. That’s it!