Wholesome and hearty, these kozhukattai’s are health-packed morsels that are loved by kids and adults alike. Usually prepared for breakfast, they make a filling snack too.
Millet Vegetable Kozhukattai
Makes 20 pieces
Samai Rice – 1/2 cup
Varagu Rice – 1/2cup
White Rice – 1/4 cup
Chopped Onions, Carrot, & Beans – 1/4 cup
1. Soak millets and rice for 15 min and then grind in Ultra Vario+ Mixer Grinder at Speed 3 for 45 seconds to a coarse form.
2. Add 3 tablespoons oil in an Ultra Pressure Pan and temper mustard seeds, urad dal, Bengal gram, broken red chili, and curry leaves.
3. Add onion, carrot, beans and 2 green chilies and fry for 3-4 mins.
4. When the vegetables are fried, add the ground batter and stir continuously till it comes to a semi-solid stage.
5. Turn off the flame, grease your palms with oil and mould the batter into small balls.
6. Steam the balls in an idli pan and kozhukattai will be ready to serve.
These millet vegetable kozhukattai’s go really well with Puli Inji chutney, tomato chutney, coconut chutney and even coconut thogaiyyal. Enjoy!