Our customer Ms Reena Kothari gives us a simple recipe for a healthy dish
Moong dal is very nutritious and easy to digest, which makes it light on the stomach. It’s great for kids and convalescing adults too.
Moong Dal Fry
Makes 1 cup
Green gram ½ cup
Ginger ½ inch copped
Garlic 3-4 pods
Green chillies 1
Curd 1 cup
Milk ½ cup
Red chillies 1
Kasuri methi and coriander for garnish
1. Soak green gram for an hour.
2. Cook soaked green gram with some water and salt for 2 whistles in Ultra Endura+ Pressure Pan.
3. Make a paste of ginger, garlic, cardamom, cinnamon, fennel, green chillies with curd in the Ultra Vario+ Mixer Grinder.
4. In Ultra Pressure Pan, heat some ghee or oil and fry onion.
5. Add the ground paste, water, cooked green gram and milk.
6. Pressure cook for 1 whistle. Season with red chillies fried in ghee and sprinkle a generous pinch of kasuri methi and chopped coriander leaves.
But when it’s not being served as an accompaniment to rice, serve it hot with Achari Thepla for a delicious yet healthy lunch or dinner.