This recipe was brought to you by Ms. Asha Krishnakumar, an ultra customer and home cook extraordinaire!
Sometimes while grocery shopping, you spot a bunch a fresh mint leaves and it just calls to you. That refreshing scent and bright green colour will transform any dish. Here’s the recipe for chicken gravy that goes well with rice or rotis.
Makes 1 cup
Chicken – 3/4 kg
Pudina (mint leaves)- 1 bunch
Big onion – 3 nos. (finely chopped)
Small onions – 1 handful (chopped)
Tomato – 1 no.
Green chilli – 6-8 nos.
Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Chilli powder – 3/4 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1/2 tablespoon
Cinnamon – 2 pieces
Cloves – 2 pieces
1. In a pan, pour oil, sauté the pudina leaves with 4-5 garlic pods and then grind them in the Ultra Vario+ Mixer Grinder at speed 2 to make a paste.
2. In your Ultra Pressure Pan, pour 3 tablespoons oil and sauté cinnamon and cloves.
3. One by one add the chopped big and small onions, ginger garlic paste, tomato, green chili, chicken, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and sauté well.
4. When it gets well sauted, add the coconut milk, without water, pressure cook it for 1 whistle.
5. Let it cool and open the lid. Add pudina paste and sauté till the raw smell goes and it becomes a thick gravy.
The coconut milk adds a rich density to the gravy while the mint lends a light, refreshing flavour. You can choose to make this recipe with boneless chicken too. It’s sure to be anew favourite at home.