This recipe was shared with us by our customer Ms. Asha Krishnakumar
It’s a simple two-step process that relies solely on the freshness of its ingredients. Vallarai Keerai, also known as Brahmi, is a highly medicinal herb that has multiple beneficial effects on our health.
Vallarai Keerai Chutney
Makes 1 Cup
1 Bunch Vallarai Keerai
3 Red Chillies
1 Handful Small Onions
2 Heaped Tablespoons Urad Dal
2 Tablespoons Coconut
Tamarind For Taste
1. Roast all the above ingredients in a pan
2. Once cooled, grind them together in the Ultra Vario+ Mixer Grinder at speed 2.
3. Add chilli powder, pepper, salt and turmeric powder and fry well.
4. Last, add chicken to the mixture and fry.
5. Add water and close the cooker and leave it till 1 whistle.
6. Wait till the steam goes off and then fry the chicken for a few minutes and garnish with coriander leaves.
Vallari keerai is so healthy, you should consider serving it once a week in various forms. Another advantage of this herb is that it can be grown at home easily with not much care needed. So you can just pluck a handful of leaves from your balcony and cook them fresh!