Spiced yogurt with beetroot is a unique accompaniment to your rice and parippu. Try it and let the flavours blow your mind.
Makes 1 Cup
Beetroot grated – 1/2 cup
Green chilies sliced – 1
Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
Cumin seeds – 1 fat pinch
Yogurt – 3/4 to 1 cup
Mustard seeds – 1 pinch
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
Dry red chilies cut it into two – 2
Shallots sliced – 2 or 3
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Coconut oil – as required
1. Cook the beetroot with green chilies and sufficient water.
2. Grind the coconut using Ultra Mixer Grinder and cumin seeds to form a fine paste.
3. Add the paste to the beetroot and cook for a minute or two. Add salt to taste and switch off the stove.
4. Once it cools slightly, add yogurt and mix well.
5. Temper the mustard seeds, red chilies, shallots and curry leaves and saute until it turns golden brown.
6. Add this to the curry and mix well.