The sweet end to a delectable Sadya. The pazham pradhamam is saved for the end and savoured by all.
Makes 2 Cups
3/4 Cup jaggery, powdered
1 Cup coconut milk (extracted from 1 coconut)
2 Cardamom pods powdered
1/2 Teaspoon ghee
Tip: For freshly grated coconut use Ultra Grinder
Ingredients for Ada
1/4 Cup rice flour
1/4 Cup hot water
1 Banana leaf
1/2 Teaspoon cooking oil for greasing
Ingredients for Garnish
10 Cashew nuts
1/4 Cup fresh coconut, finely chopped or thinly sliced
1 Teaspoon ghee
To make homemade rice ada:
1. Make dough from rice flour with a pinch of salt and boiling water.
2. Grease a banana leaf with oil and spread the rice dough into a thin layer on half of the
3. Banana leaf. Close the ada using the other side of the banana leaf.
4. Steam this for 10-15 minutes.
5. Once cool, remove the ada from the leaf and cut into smaller pieces to look flaky.
To make the payasam:
1. Roast cashews, coconut, and raisins in ghee till they are golden.
2. On medium heat, dissolve jaggery in 3/4 cup of water. Once dissolved, strain the resulting syrup and set aside.
3. In another saucepan, dry roast the chopped ada for 2-3 minutes and then add the jaggery syrup to it.
4. Let the ada cook in jaggery over low flame for 7-8 minutes or until the syrup thickens.
5. Add the cardamom powder, coconut milk and turn off the flame. Make sure not to cook after adding coconut milk.
6. Garnish with the fried cashews, coconut, and raisins.