Decorate the mehendi mithai platters with homemade chocolate truffles
Wedding mithai plates are becoming innovative. While traditional sweets have their place, mini cupcakes, bite-sized cheesecakes and decorative chocolates are trending and are making their way into the celebration platters. Good quality truffle chocolates don’t just make a great display, they can be easily decorated with interesting toppings to make them a grand entrant, complementing the Indian wedding celebrations.
Weddings and celebrations call for large quantities of mithai and the Ultra Chocogrind is the perfect answer. Designed to run continually for upto 80hrs without over-heating, makes it the perfect equipment for making large batches of chocolate.
Make decadent chocolate truffles with just 4 ingredients. Base homemade chocolate, heavy double cream, homemade butter and good quality vanilla bean paste or extract. Use teaspoons to scoop and roll them with interesting toppings to make decorative celebration plates.
CHOCO TRUFFLE TOPPING IDEAS
- Dried rose petals and chopped pistachios
- Edible gold leaf
- Edible sugar pearls
- Dark cocoa
- Chopped almonds
- Chopped walnuts
- Dried grated coconut
Use the Ultra Chocogrind to make a rich dark chocolate liquor. The base chocolate once cooled can be rolled to make the most amazing chocolate truffles. Once rolled, decorate it with interesting nuts and toppings and they will be a stunning addition to the celebration plates.
Makes 18 to 20 Truffles
1. Chop the base chocolate into tiny bits with a serrated knife. This helps to melt it evenly
2. Place the chocolate in a heat resistant bowl. Add slightly warmed cream and butter to the chocolate. Let it rest for ten mins to allow all the chocolate to melt in the cream. This is your chocolate ganache.
3. Stir well to make sure the ganache is silky smooth and lump-free.
4. Add the vanilla, stir well and let it rest for upto 20 mins.
5. Use two teaspoons to scoop even amounts of chocolate. If the chocolate is cooled to room temperate it would be easy to roll without sticking to your palms.
6. Roll the balls with plain cocoa or any toppings you like.